Department Of Electronics and Communication Engineering
The 4-year B.Tech degree program in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was started in 2002. The curriculum of the program is directly linked to the vision and mission of Electronics and Communication Engineering Department. The curiculum is updated regularly with the recent trends in analog and digital electronics, information and communication technology, artificial intelligence, internet of things, etc. The program provides a specialization in Electronics and Communication Engineering along with the interdisciplinary courses from mathematics, physics, computer science engineering and information technology.
The distinctive aspects of the B.Tech degree program in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) are:
- Instill technical skills and capabilities,
- Resilient and contemporary curriculum,
- Thorough subject learning with the help of experiment performance in fully-equipped laboratories,
- Research-oriented and futuristic projects to foster technical competence in students,
- Inventive and ingenious courses in microelectronics and communications in tune with latest industry demands.
The ECE department has the following well equipped laboratories for B.Tech program along with fully dedicated project lab:
- Communication Systems Laboratory
- Control and Instrumentation Laboratory
- Microprocessor Laboratory
- Signal Processing Laboratory
- VHDL/VLSI Laboratory
- Electronic Devices Laboratory
- Advanced Communication systems Laboratory
- Internet-of-things (IoT) Laboratory
- Machine Learning Laboratory
All the laboratories are developed in unison with analytical approaches to inculcate students with the state-of-the-art experimentation, evaluation and research skills. These laboratories are fully-equipped with hardware and software tools to enable the students to perform design-oriented experiments and testing. Some of the hardware and software tools are mentioned below:
Software: IC Station, FPGA Advantage, MEMS Pro design system, Mentor Graphics EDA tool, MATLAB with various toolboxes, Optisystem, Synopsys EDA Tools and Labview.
Hardware: High-End Microcontroller Boards, FPGA Boards, Vector Network Analyzer, Vector Signal Generator, Optical Fibre Kit, Microwave Benches, RF Spectrum Analyzer, DSP Starter Kits, Digital Storage Oscilloscopes, Arbitrary Function Generators, etc.