Department Of Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Electronics and Communication Engineering Department was formed in the year 2002.Besides running a 4-year B. Tech. degree and a 5-year Integrated B. Tech-M. Tech. degree program, the Department also runs two M. Tech. degree programs with specializations in Communication Systems (CS) and Microelectronics & Embedded Technology (MET).
The salient features of the degree programs are:
- Inculcate analytical approach,
- Adequate number of courses on humanities and personality development,
- Judicious mix of hardware and software based experiments,
- Emphasis on learning through design and simulation,
- Open ended laboratory problems,
- Higher emphasis on project and project based learning, and
- State-of-the-Art courses in Mobile Communications, Optical Communications, Telecommunication Networks, Signal Processing, Microelectronics, Digital System Design, Embedded Systems and MEMS.
A key feature of these programs is their balanced core and flexible elective structure. The curriculum is designed to provide a good foundation and the development of an all-round engineering outlook.
The department has following well equipped laboratories:
- Communication Systems laboratory
- Control and Instrumentation laboratory
- Microprocessor laboratory
- Signal processing laboratory
- VHDL/VLSI laboratory
- Electrical machines/Power electronics laboratory
- Electronic devices laboratory
- Advanced communication systems laboratory
- Project laboratory
All the laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art instruments and software tools to enable the students to perform design oriented experiments and test their designs. Some examples are :
- Software: IC Station, FPGA advantage, MEMS Pro design system, Matlab with various tool boxes and Labview.
- Hardware: Vector Network Analyzer, Vector Signal Generator, Digital Storage Oscilloscopes, Arbitrary Function Generators, etc.