The Department of Physics and Materials Science and Engineering (PMSE) offers PhD in various upcoming areas of Physics and Materials Science. Specifically, the topics for PhD in Material Science and Physics include (but not restricted to) the following areas:
- Quantum Optics and Quantum Information
- Nanoscience, Nanostructures and Multifunctional Nanomaterials
- Quantum Dots
- Energy Materials
- Advanced Perovskite Oxide Materials
- Organic/Inorganic Fluorescent Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics
- Photonics and Plasmonics
- Optical and Chemical Sensors
- Vibrational and Raman Spectroscopy
- Solid State Ionics (Materials and Devices)
- Diluted Magnetic Semiconductors (Spintronics)
- Laser Plasma Interaction
- Charge Transfer Spectroscopy
- Thermoelectric and Superconducting Materials
PhD work can be done in both theoretical and experimental aspects of Physics and Materials Science. The PhD programme of the PMSE Department started almost from the inception of the institute, and till date, more than 30 PhD students have completed PhD in Physics and Material Science. They have not only performed excellent research in their respective fields and published papers in the international journals having high impact factors, but many of them have obtained prestigious post-doctoral fellowships like, JSPS fellowship, NPDF, Kothari fellowship. Some of them have also obtained Faculty/Scientist positions in the universities\institutes abroad.
The successful research programmes are supported by the state-of-the-art research laboratories, excellent computational facility, focussed course work and an extremely motivated team of 24 faculty members, all of whom have done their PhDs from institutes\universities of international repute. A CSIR\UGC JRF qualified candidate who joins for PhD in Physics and Materials Science can obtain his\her fellowships from the respective agency. All the other full time PhD students are supported from externally funded projects or institutional teaching assistantship. The Department has a large number of externally funded research projects which complement the PhD programmes in various ways. Altogether, the PMSE Department provides an encouraging and globally competitive research environment for performing research work in various areas of Physics and Materials Science.
- Ph.D. from Delhi Technological University (DTU), Delhi, INDIA, 2019.
- M. Tech. from Delhi Technological University (DTU), Delhi, INDIA, 2014
- B. Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering, UPTU, 2009.
Currently Assistant Professor (Sr. Grade) in Electronics and Communication Engineering Department in Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (JIIT), Noida, Sec-62.
Junior Research Fellow in DST, SERB Fast Track Project in Microelectronics Research Lab, Delhi Technological University Delhi, INDIA (July 2014-July 2016).
Visiting faculty in department of Engg. Physics in Delhi Technological University, Delhi. (2014-2016).
Visiting faculty in department of Electronics and Communication in Netaji